"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Wanderer Returns

Happy day at our house yesterday!  The Guinea Pig surprised most everybody by cruising up the driveway at about noon to be bombarded by hugs and excitement.  He had gotten off night shift at 6:00 a.m., packed up his car and started driving home because he was "too wired" to sleep.  Twenty hours and only four hours of sleep later, he got here.

So we celebrated with watermelon and root beer floats and one of his favorite lunches - ravioli (frozen, I'm not much of a cook) and pesto and lemon butter garlic sauce and marinara sauce.  A game of volleyball (with an actual occasional volley) ensued and then he was off to take a nap.  In the evening we had to watch the movie of the roughnecks saving the world again.  And I cried again. :)  And I was so thankful that my roughneck son was home safe and sound for two weeks till he's off to college at New Saint Andrews College.

On a different note, http://www.raisinghomemakers.com/ is doing an intriguing giveaway of the book More Than a Hopechest by Amber Moeller.  I'm entering to hopefully see what this interesting-looking book is about.  With five young ladies around here and a young man who also has dreams of future spouse and family, I hope this book will help us in our pursuit of homemaking skills and beauty.

Counting my blessing, I
Wannabegodly

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?