"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Two Finishes!

I have joined the line-up of people needing encouragment to finish their quilting projects at Joys Quilts (and as soon as I figure out how to do it, I'm going to add her button to my sidebar).  So I get to show off my two finishes for October (in a humble sort of way, of course).
This yo-yo vest has been in the works for close to two years now, I think.  I designed it by tracing a vest that Princess already had.  I'm tickled that it still fits her and that she likes it.  And I'm tickled to be finished!

Joy also encourages us to finish a quilt block, for instance from a block of the month.  This past January, I began giving block patterns to the ladies of our church in an effort, mostly, to help myself use up my scraps.  I also had four of my five daughters joining in, in more of an effort at using up more of our scraps.  We did pretty well for awhile, but when summer came, everything got set aside for being outside.  So, now it's time to get caught up and back on schedule.  Two of my girls informed me that they thought the blocks were too difficult and they didn't want to continue.  Though I explained that I'd stand right over them and take them step-by-step through them, I didn't think it was something that they really had to do and they're enjoying learning other handwork right now.  So, I'm working on what they had started or what I had cut out already for them and will probably turn those blocks into a smaller quilt for charity. 
Anyhow, here is the block that Princess had started and I finished up this week:


Thanks, Joy, for the encouragement from clear over in Australia!

Wannabegodly

1 comment:

  1. Well done!! Love the yoyo vest! I have a friend who loves yoyos, I need to tell her about it :)
    lv,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?