"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What Birds and Children Know

Here's a good something to keep in mind as we enter the "busy holiday season."  Even if we don't have time or place for quiet meditation like we'd sometimes enjoy, we can create a quiet and serene atmosphere in our homes and especially in our hearts.

I need wide space in my heart,
Where faith and I can go apart,
And grow serene.
Life gets too choked by busy living;
Kindness so lost in fussy giving,
That love slips by unseen.

I want to make a quiet place,
Where those I love can see God's face,
Can stretch their heart across the earth,
Can understand what Spring is worth;

Can count the stars;
Watch violets grow,
And learn what birds and children know.

From the Scottish Recorder 1930

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?