"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas quilts

Now that I have a little time to do so, I'd like to show you some of the stuff I've been sewing.

I had fun working on this "Compendium" quilt, which is a compendium or collection of "orphan blocks" and projects I or the girls had started and just weren't going anywhere for various reasons. It was like working on a puzzle to get things to all fit together, but maybe more fun because I got to figure out the puzzle as well as put it together. I was a little afraid that my aunt wouldn't like it so much, but I should not have feared. She loves it! I still have to get to the quilt shop where I can rent the quilting machine (with the gift certificate my darling husband gave me) so I can quilt it for her.



This quilt has been in the works since last Christmas off and on and I finally got it to a usable state. It still needs the binding, but we've enjoyed it on the back of the loveseat anyhow. It's only a lap quilt size and doesn't have any batting, just a flannel backing. But it's just right for our living room which has the main source of heat, the wood stove, in it.

The next big project in "the Quiltery" is to sort through stuff, throw some away, give some away, cut some into more useable pieces (strips and squares) and thoroughly organize it, probably using Bonnie Hunter's scrap saver system. I'd show you a picture of the "before" but it would be too horrifying. Maybe I'll show a picture of "during" a little later.

Because I again am so blessed, I
Wannabegodly

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for linking this up to the Brighton Park Hip holiday party link up. This was one of the featured posts this week! please stop by and pick up your "I was featured" button at the link up if you would like! katie

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?