"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Finish! - Quilted Tote Bag

Besides a cute little teabag wallet I made for a friend's birthday, I have my first finish for 2011! At least it's a finish of something that was already started in 2010. I'll have a few more finishes in a few days, but they were started in 2011. Confused? Well, let me just get to showing you the tote bag.


It's my mom's belated birthday gift. I'm also planning to tuck into it one of the cute teabag wallets, but I have to make it first. :) I'll show that to you when I'm done.

This tote was made from a Cross and Crown block and an Ohio Star block that I had pieced and handquilted last year as part of a BOM I set up for our church ladies. Well, it turns out that I was the only one really interested in doing the BOM (no, a couple of the girls are collecting the patterns to do later), so I decided to use the blocks for other things and came up with this bag for mom. I hope she finds it useful as well as pretty.

I hope your day is full of good accomplishments. I'm off to link up to Finishing Stitches.
Wannabegodly

1 comment:

What are your thoughts?