"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Return of the Blogger

Hello! With the onslaught of summer, we've been active in a lot of other things that don't fit so well into our attempts at a scheduled life during the school year, so I've not had much time at the computer. The vegetable gardening is going well - now taken over by the girls. The plan is for me to buy my veggies from them at reduced cost for me, but still giving them an opportunity to learn the lesson of working as the way to earn money. And I am relieved of the weight of the gardening. Or, more truthfully, I am free to put more time into the flower and herb gardens - more to my liking.

My dear husband and I celebrated our 29th anniversary early this week by roaming around the Leelanau and Old Mission Penninsulas of northern Michigan and staying the night in a wonderful Bed and Breakfast called Old Mission Inn. The owners, Bruce and Angela, were delightful hosts, sharing freely of the history of the inn which was over 140 years old.  (I had hoped to insert a photo here, but I'm having terrible troubles getting the photos to load, so I'm going to just post without any this time.)

The rooms were beautiful and one of the common bathrooms had a clawfoot bathtub, which I love but had never gotten to use before. It would be great for a tub, but I can live without one as a shower since the shower curtain kind of sticks to your legs and feet in the narrow tub.

The long front porch was wonderful to sit on while we waited for breakfast hour, which was cooked from a menu of our choosing, instead of just having to have what was already made. The porch overlooked a great view of the east arm of Traverse Bay.

Just up the road we ran into some friends from former days of living in that area. The wife had been our midwife for two of our homebirths. They now live in a redone big one-room schoolhouse. It was good to see them again.

I'll try to fill you in on more of what's been going on, but that's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?