"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Not quite done, but sharing anyhow

A year or two ago, in an effort to use up some scraps, I started what I thought would be a twin sized bed quilt. It has morphed instead into a large wall hanging to help teach my youngest daughter the months of the year. It's now hanging in our dining room which is where we do a lot of our homeschooling. I like to enjoy the quilts I make even if they're not quite done, so I hung it even though it's just a quilt top. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to finish it, but I'm leaning toward a simple tying the corners using buttons since it's just going to be a wall hanging, not a bed quilt. What do you think?













Loving thinking of creative ways to teach! Or at least that's my excuse to get to quilt. 
Wannabegodly


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and an excellent educating idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was fun, though time-consuming to make.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! What a gift of love. All their lives, your children will remember each individual square for each month. What a treasure! I hope you don't mind, I shared this on Pinterest.com under my Quilting and Patchwork board. http://pinterest.com/ozarkmtnfamily/quilting-and-patchwork/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comment and I am honored that you wanted to share this on Pinterest.

      Delete
  3. I like it as a wall hanging rather than a bed quilt. Very cute, and a neat way to decorate your homeschool space. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It does look fun up there even though it's not really done yet. :)

      Delete

What are your thoughts?