Here's something I've been wanting to share for a long time, but it's been a surprise for my sister and her husband, so I had to wait till it was done and delivered. And it is. So here it is.
I ran out of the lilac fabric, both because Joann Fabric didn't have very much and because I made some stupid and not-so-stupid mistakes in cutting. (My thrift-store purchased cutting mat had the 0 inches line right along the edge instead of having a margin like my other one.) So I was happy that I had other fabrics that went with it all very nicely that I could grab and put in.
|Here it is, beautifully quilted by Debra at Quilt Something.|
Another fun thing that's been made around here is this little pincushion that Sweetie invented.
I had gotten several wool sweaters at yard sales and thrift stores and washed them up in hot water till they were felted. Then we have them ready whenever the creative genius strikes. Her genius struck with the idea of using the red cuff rolled into a cylinder, topped with a gathered strip for the roof. A pom-pom and some embroidery as well as an appliqued door finished it off. It is especially nice for a bigger needle like a yarn needle. I don't worry about it making a big hole in the pincushion.
So, that's partially what's been going on. I'll be back, hopefully fairly soon, to share some more adventures.