"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Friday, June 8, 2012

Quick WIPs Organizing Idea

For those of you who, like me, have lots of "Works In Progress" or are trying to cut up scrap fabrics into kits for future use, here's an organizing idea:
I bought the pizza boxes for $.25 each at Little Ceasar's and then got a pack of Martha Stewart's chalkboard labels at Staples.

The labels were too big, but cut in half they fit rather nicely.

I like that I can re-use them as I get things finished (and I will, I'm sure!).

In my recent spay-painting frenzy, I tried painting one, but it just didn't look smooth or classy, so I left them as it (though they are turned inside out so the Little Ceasar's logo isn't front and center). They wouldn't work for a big quilt, though they'd do for parts of one, or blocks for one, but they do very nicely for baby quilts table runners and wall hangings and other smaller projects.

Hope this helps get your creative organizational wheels spinning!



2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for those of us with lots and lots of projects!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?