"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Monday, July 2, 2012

Patriotic Tablerunner

Little by little, in the midst of various other things, this fun tablerunner got finished!

It is made from a pattern in the July/August 2012 Quiltmaker magazine. I thought the stars looked enough like bursts of fireworks that they would be great in a patriotic runner.


Once I got the block layout figured out, it was pretty easy to put together, including the rotating around that center yellow square.

I just got the call that it is finished being quilted, so Tuesday when we're in that neck of the woods, I plan to pick it up and get the binding on, maybe while enjoying an Independence Day church party at some friends'.
Then I'll enjoy it on the table for most of July.

Still giving thanks for what freedoms we have, I
Wannabegodly



3 comments:

  1. Really nice finish!! I like all your different fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colors and a really striking table runner! Love the yellow in the middle...it helps the fireworks effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very pretty, and yes, it does look like fireworks! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?