"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Coming Back




After taking a long break and doing some thinking about blogging, I have decided I'm going to continue posting on a limited basis for the following purposes:

~ for being able to participate in quilt-alongs on a limited basis (right now I've joined the Scrappy Star quilt-along at http://terrytreasures.blogspot.com.

~ for possibly encouraging other homeschooling families and to share ideas.

~ to participate in nature studies with http://handbookofnaturestudy.blogspot.com/.

~ to activate my Amazon Affiliate membership.

~ because I enjoy writing.

~ to glorify God and enjoy him forever.

~ perhaps to have a forum for introducing any Bible studies or unit studies that I might get to write.

Of course, after that decision, my computer is being aggravatingly slow, so I might have to take it to get fixed first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But, while I do still have it, I want to show my first two blocks from the Scrappy Star quilt-along. Since we're only doing two blocks per month, I figure I can keep up with that without neglecting my homemaking or time with my girls and husband. And since I already have quite a few nine-patch blocks from my "leaders-enders" (as taught by Bonnie Hunter), I'm already ahead of the game.


I decided to not be totally scrappy by making all the background pieces of the same fabric and by making all the points of each star the same. The nine-patches are entirely scrappy, though.

Later I'll show how we've turned a tiny little side room/study/library into our schoolroom for this year.





1 comment:

  1. I love your star blocks! I have a bunch of nine patch blocks from leaders and enders too! :0)

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?