"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Scrappy Stars

Since we took last week off of home schooling to visit with our son and his girlfriend (now fiance), I squeezed in a few minutes of sewing and got caught up on the Scrappy Stars quilt-along at terrytreasures.blogspot.com.

September's stars
In September I hadn't had time to do two blocks (sad, huh?), so I got September's stars done and then did both of October's.

October's stars

And now I get the fun of making a wedding quilt!

3 comments:

  1. Your star blocks look wonderful! I like how you kept the star points the same color on each star! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so pretty!! I must be missing something. Are you doing some type of challenge to do two squares a month? If so, when did you start this? Is this a wedding quilt or are you working on another one? Maybe this is covered in another post and I missed it? Well, suffice it to say, that you challenged me to start another quilt (like I have been meaning to do) and I saved your link to Terry's blog on Pinterest :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith,
      Yes, we're doing a two-block-per-month challenge and I figured I could handle that much. Apparently in September I couldn't. LOL. It started in August, so it wouldn't take too long to catch up to us if you want to join. Especially if you use Bonnie Hunter's "leaders-enders" technique and have some 9-patches already made up.

      I don't know yet if I'll use this for the wedding quilt because I don't know if my future daughter-in-law likes scrappy quilts. I'll have to find out.

      I hope you join us.

      Delete

What are your thoughts?