"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Blessing of Little Girls and Christmas Tea

One of the important spiritual lessons we want our young ladies to learn is that of being hospitable and of serving others. So, besides having them help when we have families over for dinner, we also like to provide opportunities for them to learn to be the hostess - to participate more in the preparations as well as in the actually serving the goodies.

Enter Tea Parties.

And Christmas Teas are a lot of fun, though why we do extra at such an already busy time of the year sometimes escapes me. Probably because it's such a beautiful and festive time that I can't resist.



The idea for this centerpiece came from a similar thing my mom did years ago. The girls love it and think that both I and my mom are brilliant. (Oh, yeah!) The little teapot on top is an ornament I'd gotten at Miss Molly's Tea Room.

Crescent roll Christmas tree with cream cheese, maple syrup, cinnamon topping and fruit decorations.

Ice cream cone tea cup with gummy ring handle, sugar cookie saucer, and filled with butterscotch pudding  "tea" and marshmallow "sugar cube."

Pinterest was a big help for ideas and planning.

One of the activities was to play Christmas bingo. But the first activity was to decorate sugar cookies. Oh, what messy fun!

Big sister helps spread frosting.

                                     

Anybody for an alien snowman with three eyes?

                                                                             
                                  

Hope you're finding simple, yet fun ways to glory in the blessings bestowed on us through Christ's coming!













2 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun Kim! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours.. I think I am back in blogworld... :)
    lv,
    Joy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a wonderful time!! Thanks for linking up over at WholeHearted Home during December. I got pulled away from blogging to enjoy my family and now am back to blogging. My linkup is live today and I hope to see you there?

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?