"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hello Again


Well I think we've recovered from Christmas, travels, New Year's Eve, and the flu enough to think about blogging again, though Bob the Cat and his mom, Tux, still need frequent naps.

I've been looking through some of the quilt-alongs available on line and have picked two that I hope will help me get some things done and clean out some of my scraps. I'm kinda late joining in on them, but better late than never.

The first is at Patchwork Times with her Get It Done challenge. In that one, we're to post four quilting goals for the month and then at the end of the month, we report on how we've done and set four more goals for the next month. So here are my four goals for January. (Fortunately, I've already met some of them, so I'm not so far behind though I'm posting later in the month.)

  1. Enlarge applique pattern pieces for wedding quilt. (Done)
  2. Applique wedding quilt center medallion. (Very close to done.)
  3. Choose & buy remaining wedding quilt fabrics for borders.
  4. Finish wedding quilt top.   
I know they're all related to the wedding quilt, but breaking it down in bite sizes ought to enable me to get it done this month and stay focused. And I don't have very much quilting time in a day.

I show you some pictures of the progress, but since I want it to be a surprise, you'll have to wait till after March 9th.

I have also signed up for the Wiggly Whimsy quilt-along at Terry's Treasures. It looks cute and should also help cull some of the scraps. I'm not sure when I'll get to start this one because the wedding quilt comes first.

I'm not sure what else I'll hope to do this year, but I get to make another wedding quilt for April, and I have a baby quilt ready for February. So I'm a little ahead of the game in one instance.
Baby quilt


Well, there are my immediate quilting goals. I'll post soon about other goals and priorities for this year.

May your year be much blessed by our loving Lord,
Kim

1 comment:

  1. OK...I officially LOVE the picture of the cats in hats! LOL And don't worry about my sew along...just do it as you have time! :0)

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?