"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Wedding Quilt


I'm finally getting around to showing you the quilt I made for the recently married young couple in our church. It was inspired by Terry's Scrappy Nine Patch sew-along and used a bunch of the nine-patches I'd made with Bonnie Hunter's "Leaders/Enders" system.

Because this couple met through a mutual interest in raising chickens, I had to include some fabric with chickens on it, though I didn't want the whole quilt to be chicken-themed.

I was not happy that I got it to them late, but I am very happy with how the quilt turned out and with the quilting job done at Fabric Quilt Scissors, one of our local quilters.

Next week, I hope to show you the quilt I'm making for my niece's graduation. The top is almost done, but the quilting will have to be late. Sigh. Oh, well; better late than never.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?