"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Gift Basket Fun

This is the results of my fun playing this afternoon. I'm not sure why it uploaded sideways, but there ya have it.

Based on some recent fun finds, I made a gift basket for my nephew's wedding this weekend.

Hannah had found this lovely plate and we decided to put together a Tea for Two kind of basket.



The stagecoach sign says "Stratford Stage" and the plate is  a Royal Staffordshire.
I bought two small blue mugs that looked like they'd play nicely with the plate, a hazelnut flavored candle, some locally made blueberry jam, and a glass sugar bowl and creamer set. Then I wrapped each item individually in two colors of tissue paper just for the joy of being colorful. 

Then I went to Cindy at Skip to My Lou to print up some beautiful recipe cards for scones and teas.

The cards are tucked in front of the plate to encourage them to put some scones on the plate, brew some fresh tea, light the candle, and have some quiet time together during the busyness of moving into a new life. I plan to add a copy of the book Men are Like Waffles Women are Like Spaghetti that we have been enjoying.

Gift baskets are fun and creative things to put together. Have you made any? If so, what have you put in yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?