"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Monday, October 7, 2013

Third Wedding Quilt of the Year

This wedding quilt was made for our pastor's oldest son who got married this past weekend. His favorite color is black and his bride's is purple, so I tried to put a lot of both in this quilt, but it was actually just a lot
of color. This time I had enough time and fabric to make matching pillow cases with his edging being blue and hers being purple.


A lot of accuracy was needed to make the blocks work perfectly, and if there's one thing I am not, it's accurate. So the quilt is far from perfect, but it turned out nicely anyhow. I plan never to make this pattern again, so they have a one-of-a-kind quilt. :)

The wedding and reception were nice and we're happy to have another new couple, carrying on the task of making families for God's glory.

Linking up to: http://teachinggoodthings.com/blog/teaching-good-things-tuesdays-link-up-party-111213/

3 comments:

  1. Thanks. Now I'm on to sewing some dresses for my girls today.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?