"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Coming Out of Mothballs

After much thought, I've decided to pull this blog out of mothballs so that I can join A Lovely Year of Finishes as well as other group activities. I hope they'll spur me on to good things and many finishes.

So, to start with, for the month of January, I plan to finish a wallhanging for our church fellowship room. Every year since the establishment of our church in the CREC denomination, I have made a wallhanging listing all the families and members of families in our church. Unfortunately I got behind. I'm sure nobody else has done such a thing.

So, now I play catch-up on years 2012 and 2013. For January I want to finish (piece, tie, bind, add a hanging sleeve, and hang) the 2012 one. If I can do 2013's also, I will be ecstatic.

Here's one of the two blocks I have finished:

The pattern for this block can be found at: Moose Quilts Jelly Roll Sampler Quilt Along # 11

I have nine blocks to make and they're mostly done, so I have faith that I can get this finished this month despite spending a week away from home GOING TO MEET MY NEW GRANDBABY  whose appearance is expected any day. 

So much happiness!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Kim, I need spurring on to finish things too, lol! How exciting that you have a new grandbaby turning up!!! May God bless you all this year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking up with "Something Old, Something New". Best wishes for finishing your project -- it's certainly the one one of its kind I've heard of. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?