"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Friday, January 24, 2014

First Finish of the Year



After a very long but beautiful day of flying, we made it happily home, though we would have loved to have brought three certain people back with us. :)




 After a day of resting and recovering, I was able to spend some time finishing my January project per
A Lovely Year of Finishes.


A Lovely Year of Finishes

My project was to finish the annual wallhanging I make for our church fellowship hall. I needed to complete the one for 2012. Here's where I told about it: http://homepiecing.blogspot.com/2014/01/coming-out-of-mothballs.html


I decided to use the flip-inside-out sort of way of finishing it instead of doing a binding. Then I put a four-inch sleeve on the back into which I will insert a dowel and hang it from there.


I think if I use this block pattern again I'll put sashing between the blocks. I think they'll stand out better that way.

It's nice to have a first finish for the year.

Onward...forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?