"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Some New Things, Some Old - Saturday

I know that most of you who are following our little jaunt here are mostly interested in seeing the baby and I am in total agreement with that. But yesterday was a mostly baby deprived day for me, so you'll just have to come along on some other activities or just skip today's post.

In the morning, everybody but Ruth and I went to Dan & Claire's apartment and did a bunch of cleaning and laundry and Granddad had a nice time holding his grandson. If I were a technical genius, I'd insert the photo he emailed me of them. Maybe after others are awake they'll educate me.

Then since most everybody was ready to get out somewhere, and Johnny had just had a happy lunch, we all decided to have a happy lunch. And this is where we went.

I think there's a TV show on the Food Network that is called something like Diners, Dives, and ??? 
From the appearance, this is one of the dives. And yet it has an inviting personality. I think it's a converted car shop and still looks kinda like it inside.

Hannah goofily holds the door open to let us in and we glimpse the smokepit as we look over our shoulder.

                            
 The inside is picnic tables, a bucket for silverware bundles, and mason jars for glasses.




And this was on the bathroom wall, which was located beside some big garage doors.


And then came the barbeque sandwiches. Sarah's is full of jalapenos and, despite the odd look on her face, she loved it.
 Faith tucked into hers with vigor.

This is one of Daniel's favorite places to eat in town and I can see why. The meat is excellent! He says it reminds him of the summer he was working in Louisiana. It was a good time and I got to see Johnny a little in the baby carrier in which he seems to be so content.

Then most of those who had been working at their apartment took a time out at the hotel while Sarah and I took a drive in the beautiful hills. I've got to share some of that with you.




 We loved how the clouds were nestling in the hills and mountains.





That evening Phil, Hannah, and Grace went over to their apartment for a well-fought game of Axis and Allies with Daniel and one of his friends. I'm not sure yet what the outcome was, but it sounded like the usual result - the Axis (Hannah and Grace) were winning when I went to bed.

But before the rest of us went to bed, we went to Jamm's, a frozen yogurt bar which is a favorite place here.

This place is a sensational place. And I mean that most literally.

The taste sensation is definitely there - about a dozen flavors of frozen yogurt, with toppings ranging from gummie candies to fruits to nuts to syrups to syrupped nuts. A plethera of tastes.






The auditory sensation was there that night as we sang the theme song from Beauty and the Beast with the radio and the hilariously excited clerk because that's her favorite song and she seems to be a music major.

And the visual...oh, the visual. The colors here are a party. That's why I took so many photos. Sorry, I didn't get any of the bathroom.



Now, for those of you who stuck with me to the end here, I'll pop in a picture I'd already taken of Johnny.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?