"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pulling It Together With My New Command Center

More than any other single way, the grace of humility is worked into our lives through the Discipline of service… Nothing disciplines the inordinate desires of the flesh like service, and nothing transforms the desires of the flesh like serving in hiddenness. The flesh whines against service but screams against hidden service. It strains and pulls for honor and recognition.
~Richard Foster~

That quote is what I now have hanging on the front of the aqua hanging file folder in my new "command center." 

The challenges brought to our schedule and overall lives by my aunt's serious medical concerns as well as the busyness of the summer's beautiful wedding and my husband's erratic work schedule have combined to make my smoothly (or at least not so bumpily) running home not run so smoothly. 


So, after much pinning on Pinterest, and pondering our lifestyle, and snooping through Walmart, I have come up with what I hope will help us not feel so scattered.

We had a big dry-erase calendar, but it was old, stained, and took up too much space, so I bought an inexpensive one at Wally World as well as some frames and went at it.


The hanging paper pockets are a hopeful attempt to plan a Trim Healthy Mama type of menu. The blue cards are "Satisfying" meals and I'm working on pink cards to be the "Energizing" meals. Since I'm not so good at sticking to a regimented menu, I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to pull this off, but I want to make an effort.


This six-part frame holds our daily chores (Round Robin Residence Restoration), weekly housekeeping, and monthly extras. Since they have glass over them, we can use dry erase pens to mark them off as we finish.






I also included some inspirational quotes, which I may change now and then since I love inspirational quotes. :)




The hanging file folder helps control the paper piles and helps me not lose stuff. ;)




Then in a stand-up frame is our daily schedule, in an attempt to get done all that we believe God wants us to do, or at least endeavor to do.



The basket holds lavender that I had cut fresh from the garden and made the corner an aromatic delight. The pen holder was made by Roo in her clay class and adds a touch of artsy character.


It might have been nice to have a small desk here instead of the bookshelf, but I don't really have space for a desk there, and wanted a place to still keep my recipe books and pottery since it's right beside my kitchen. This center has been a help to us already, and we've only had it a few days.

Maybe it will give you some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts?