"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Saturday, January 31, 2015

January's Finish

This morning I finally finished this pattern: Advent Calendar Christmas Tree.
Better late than never!

I did modify it a little since my daughter wanted the bigger numbers at the bottom so as to work their way up to the star, counting how many days are left till Christmas.


After embroidering the outline of the star, I colored it in with crayon and ironed it to melt the crayon into the fabric. (Yes, I put scrap cloth between the crayon and the iron.)


I then did a simple quilting of it by going around the tree shape with my snowflake stitch and doing some of the larger snowflakes with that stitch. (I haven't washed off the pencil marks yet because I didn't want to have to take photos while it was still wet.)


At the base of the tree I did some rough shapes of Christmas gifts (one of which looks rather like a pineapple, heh).



This evening when they come for dinner I'll ask if they want me to make the label into a little pocket for advent activity cards or just a regular label. I'll also find out if they want me to make some kind of a hanger for it. 

But I'm counting it as done anyhow. :)

2 comments:

  1. Cute cute! I think my boys would love an advent calendar, since they love counting and Christmas so much. Thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to make one of these for years.... maybe one day :) Well done, it looks great! xxx

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts?