"We write to taste life twice - once in the moment and in introspection."

Thursday, August 4, 2016

New Beginnings

For a long while I had been thinking that I would start a new blog because I wanted a new, fresh look and feel to it. Then major changes happened in my life (no income, new income that took my husband away from home most of the time and I had to work part-time, leaving a church we had long loved, and recently a new job for my husband which requires us to move), so I went ahead and started that new blog, but didn't have time to post much.

Well, now I'm no longer employed out of the home, we're getting into a homeschooling routine again, and the new blog's name is kind of location-specific, so I'm coming back here and when we do finally get moved, this blog will still work.

And partly for my own benefit, I want to write out why I want to blog again.

  • I love to write.
  • I want to make friends and have conversations about a variety of things.
  • I like to share ideas and projects.
  • I want to get in on some of the online quilting community projects.
  • I want to encourage and connect with other homeschooling moms.
  • I want a public place to praise the triune God who does all things well though we don't always understand what He's doing.
  • I want to recommend great books I've read and share the blessings.
  • I want to have a gateway to the Etsy store I hope to start.
  • I want a place to post my photography, which admittedly needs to improve, but is fun for me.
  • I want a place to help me rebuild after the many losses of late. Maybe others will benefit, too.
So I hope you'll join me on this renewed adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! All good reasons to blog :) When are you moving? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure yet. We have to do some work on the house before we can even put it up for sale.

      Delete

What are your thoughts?